Sliding into home at the last minute, but April’s project is complete!
I know I’ve been pretty quiet all month – I’ve been spending a lot of time on non-hobby related activities. I’m still in the challenge though, and have been working to get my project complete,
I never really liked the Snikkrot model that GW made, in my opinion he pretty much looks like any other ork – no clan designation, and for being stripped down of gear (as his description has him) he is still carting around a lot of stuff. I picked out a couple of ork officer heads by Kromlech for him and his demolition expert (a big mek with a power klaw). These two paired up with the Blood Axe boyz I am working on with Kromlech’s orks in soft caps should make a fun effective unit of kommandos!
All rokkit packs done, on to the arms!
My replacement heads by Kromlech and Maxmini arrived today, so I decided to do a couple of test figures – one Blood Axe, and a Bad Moon… I was really impressed with the amount of detail in the sculpts, and they definitely add a little more personality to my mobs!
Got all of the rokkit packs glued on, and starting to paint the rokkit noses:
Ok, one of the cool things that has kind of gotten lost was the concept of ork clans, each clan had it’s own distinct idiosyncrasies and appearance. Nowadays, the only way to tell one ork from another is through paint schemes for the most part. So I plan on using some third-party heads to represent other clans along with the paint schemes. So far I have Deathskulls (Lootas) and Goffs (standard out of the box slugga boyz). Upcoming plans include a repaint of my shoota boyz into Blood Axes with heads provided by Kromlech: and Bad Moonz using these heads…Continue reading Retro Orks
Ok, went on a painting bender this weekend and plowed through some major work on my Stormboyz!
Managed to get another monthly challenge done – go me!
For my painting challenge this month, I decided to do a Deffkopta. I’ve been a slacker about posting lately – part of it is because I let my domain expire, but now that is fixed, it’s back to business. Here is my progression so far: