Building the Perfect Beast

In part one,  I went over my motives for building my unit of rough riders, where I found parts, etc.  Now that I have everything to do a prototype model, I’m going to put the parts together and see how it looks.

As I figured, the Blight Wheel casts were pretty simple to clean, mostly just cutting down the spot where the sprue attached.  I used Kromlech Orc “Afrika Korps” Heads and ork torsos that I ordered from eBay.  Everything seemed to go together really well.

First stage assembly
First stage assembly

I couldn’t wait for my 40mm bases to come in, so I stole one from a meganob so I could see how well it would stand.

Model affixed to base.
Model affixed to base.

I then got some 3/32 brass tubing and cut a 3″ section off to make a lance pole.  I then drilled through the choppa hand to accommodate the rod.  I’m still debating whether or not I want to attach a stikkbomb to the lance.

IMG_1437[1]IMG_1438[1]Once I get that detail sorted out, I’ll go ahead and paint a test model!